Cupcake Day falls on a Monday, so why not host it at your workplace? Give everyone a sweet break and treat them to some yummy cupcakes! It’s a great opportunity to band together and make a difference for the animals who need it most.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cupcake Day is a sweet opportunity to raise money for the animals in need that turn to RSPCA for help. You can fight animal cruelty by having your friends, family, schoolmates or colleagues bake sweet treats and collect donations to give to RSPCA. It’s not just limited to cupcakes either… get creative and put your baking skills to the test!
Cupcake Day is officially on 20 August 2018, however there really is no bad time to indulge in sweet treats, so please feel free to have your Cupcake Day any time in August on a date that works for you.
Register on the website and we’ll get to work sending you your exclusive Cupcake Day host kit. Then all you have to do is get planning, inviting and baking and you’re good to go!
All proceeds from Cupcake Day go into helping the animals that turn to RSPCA through no fault of their own. This means the funds are put to work in a number of ways, including supporting our shelter operations, keeping our Inspectorate on the road, providing emergency medical care to animals in need, and allowing us to prosecute those who have been cruel to animals. The funds are also invested in our community education programs that work to create a future free from animal cruelty by providing information about proper animal care to the public.
Even if you’re not able to host your own Cupcake Day, there are still plenty of ways you can get involved.
- Encourage a friend or family member to host a Cupcake Day that you can bake up a storm for.
- Donate to the RSPCA by clicking on the ‘Donate’ button of your state’s RSPCA website.
- Bake cakes to sell anytime, and then donate the funds to the RSPCA!
Planning a Cupcake Day
Register through this website by clicking on one of the ‘Register Now’ buttons and entering your details. You’ll create a password that gives you access to your very own fundraising page, which will help you keep track of your donations and progress.
Your host kit will be packed with everything you need to host an amazing Cupcake Day, including a host guide, pop-up donation box, decorative bunting and promotional posters!
You will receive your host kit within 10 days of registering. If you still haven’t received your host kit within this time, please contact your state’s Cupcake Day team via email. You can find the email addresses here.
If you need additional promotional materials, you can click ‘Planning an Event’ and then ‘Host Tools’. Print them and off you go!
There are a few easy ways you can collect your donations for the animals.
- When you register, you’re given access to your personal fundraising page. You can send everyone a link to this page and ask them to make an online donation, either before or after your Cupcake Day event.
- Sell your sweet treats at a set price, or just ask for personal donations. The easiest way for your supporters to donate is with their credit or debit card, or via PayPal. Direct them to click on the ‘Donate Now’ button on your personal fundraising page. As soon as they’ve donated, they’ll be sent an individual receipt.
- A great idea is to ask your employer to ‘dollar match’ your Cupcake Day. This means that for the amount of funds you raise, they’ll match it dollar for dollar!
That’s okay! If you get given cash donations, hold onto the cash and transfer an identical amount from your credit or debit card to your fundraising page.
Please note donations of $2 AUD or more are tax deductible. When people donate online, they’ll receive an email receipt that they can then claim on their tax.
Don’t worry, it’s all sweet! Just click on the ‘Forgot your username or password?’ link on the login page. You can enter your email address and you’ll be able to reset your password. No worries.
There are a few easy ways you can collect donations:
- When you register, you’re given access to your personal online fundraising page. You can send everyone a link to this page and ask them to make an online donation, either before or after your Cupcake Day event.
- Sell your cupcakes at a set price or ask for a donation in exchange for a cupcake. The easiest way for your supporters to donate is via credit or debit card, or PayPal. Direct them to click on the ‘Give Now’ button on your personal fundraising page. This will allow them to donate straight to your page and they’ll also be emailed an individual receipt.
- Dollar matching (ask your employer to match the funds you raise).
If you collect cash donations, you can deposit these to your fundraising page using your own credit card, debit card or PayPal account. Then bank the initial cash into your personal account.
Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible. When people donate online, they will receive a receipt via email.
We accept PayPal and most major credit cards.
Click on the ‘Forgot your username or password?’ link on the login page. You can then enter your email address and receive an email to reset your password.
The official date for Cupcake Day is Monday 20 August 2018. But don’t worry, you can host your Cupcake Day on any day in August. The animals won’t mind!