Aunty Beryl's Lemon Myrtle Butter Biscuits
15 - 20 mins
For the biscuits
2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
1 teaspoon dried lemon myrtle
180g butter, softened
½ cup (125g) sugar
1 beaten egg
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Sift flour and dried lemon myrtle into a bowl, then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar and beaten egg and mix into a stiff dough, turn out onto a floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out onto a floured surface about 5mm thick and cut into about 30 biscuits.
- Place on a greased baking tray and place in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 12 to 15 minutes until golden.