Donna Hay's Vanilla Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting
These cupcakes are bound to get you inspired in the kitchen! Check out this wonderful recipe that Donna has shared with us!
20 - 25 mins
For the vanilla cupcakes
125g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1½ cups (225g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup (125ml) milk
For the white chocolate frosting
¾ Cup (180ml) single (pouring) cream
375g white chocolate, grated or finely chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Place the butter, flour, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, eggs and milk in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line 18 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins with paper cases.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the tins and bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
White chocolate frosting
- Place the cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot but not boiling.
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl and add the cream. Stir once to remove any chocolate from the base of the bowl and set aside for 2 minutes. Stir the ganache gently until just combined. Refrigerate until just cool.
- Add the vanilla and whisk until soft peaks form. Spoon the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle and pipe onto each cupcake to serve
See what our chef says
Donna Hay is Australia’s favourite and most trusted home cook, and an international food-publishing phenomenon. She is a household name, with her food range stocked in supermarkets nationally and is also the working mum of two beautiful boys.